Android Apps for ESL learners and teachers
Learning a secondary language from any culture can be problematic for many. English can be very different to learn as it has far more words and more meanings behind variations. As technology is a contributing factor of today’s society, you are able to install apps for your Android devices that can help children work on the English language while in a class or on his or her own at home.
- Flashcards for Kids – Our popular flashcards app! With over 1,500 images and words, children can begin associating real life objects with the English terminology. This app will allow users to find cards directly from the online server or downloaded directly to the mobile device. Sets of cards can be customized for further targeted studies.
- Test Your English I – This free app can help anyone improve English skills at the elementary grade level. Using multiple choice questions, your student can quiz themselves on the foundations of learning the language. This app is geared for ESL, business English, idiomatic expressions, and common errors that others experience learning the language.
- ESL Daily English – This app will provide descriptions and download episodes of the podcasts from ESLPod.com. A paid translation service is also available for languages that are not supported directly by the app for less than $1 for up to six months.
- Practice English Grammar I – This highly rated and popular download sets the beginner level for learning. With 16 topics to choose from, your child has a vast array of knowledge at his or her fingertips. The app will constantly update its own fresh content in order to keep the app functional for a long time to come.
- English Grammar Book – One of the most downloaded English grammar study books on Google Play, this app is loaded with content to learn the language. A wide range of topics including pronouns, verbs, conjunctions and more is present in this free app. However, the add free version is just $0.99.
- Learn English with Babbel – This free app has a great amount of functionality for helping those learn the English language. With 3000 words linked with images, children of all ages can learn an association with the word in a visual representation.
- Duolingo – Stated as being the best free language learning app by the Wall Street Journal, Duolingo can help virtually anyone learn a variety of languages including English. Improvements are constantly added to the app and many children find it to be a fun way to learn.
- Memrise – Another app that can be beneficial for more than just English, this app can work offline and can be integrated with your free personal Memrise.com account.
- English Grammar Free – This free app covers six levels from beginner to advanced. Although the app covers the basics of English grammar, you are able to upgrade to the paid version which has more features.
- English Grammar Test – Testing your student with three different difficulty levels, he or she can practice English tests and flashcards with ease. Comments and concerns can be returned to the developers in order to help make the app better for future users.
English is a widespread and highly utilized language. Learning and understanding it can help a child in future prospects for social interaction as well as employment. In fact, translators are always sought after in a wide range of careers. Further the child’s ability to learn English and help them secure a future without language barriers.
Rachel is an ex-babysitting pro as well as a professional writer and blogger. She is a graduate from Iowa State University and currently writes for www.babysitting.net. She welcomes questions/comments which can be sent to rachelthomas.author @ gmail.com.